This session will help you understand the practical and emotional impact that allergies have on a family and how to support parents and children from early diagnosis and beyond.
Emma will share her personal story and challenges of raising two children with multiple allergies and share her insights from the hundreds of parents she has supported along the way.
The session will cover:
– Postnatal support and spotting allergy symptoms in breastfed babies
– Supporting parents to continue breastfeeding after a diagnosis or access dairy free formula
– Challenges in primary care and referrals
– The emotional and practical challenges of living with allergies
– Helping parents manage allergy anxiety
– Addressing the trauma of an anaphylactic reaction
– Creating allergy management plans for childcare settings
– Second time around – how to help pregnant/new parents who already have an allergic child